Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sights from around the gardens

Just some random snaps from around the gardens...  

These are the kitchen herbs right outside the kitchen door.  My husband came up with the configuration, which keeps the chickens at bay.











These are the flower pots that those rotten chickens tried to eat within the first 20 minutes.  Hence the chicken wire tent.  I like it, though.  Has a weirdly artsy feel to it.  And the blooms are safe from the cluckers.






These little frogs hear no evil, see no evil and speak no evil.  My mom collected frogs and I have a few scattered here and there just to keep her memory close.  ♥






Volunteer cilantro from last year's kitchen pots is sprouting.  Lucky for me, too, because I made pico de gallo yesterday and didn't have any fresh cilantro in the fridge.  Dried just isn't the same and the new batch in the pot lost quite a bit to the frost we had this past week and I'm reluctant to use any that's left, just yet, because I don't want to stunt it.  When low and behold, right at my feet are these little toadstools (which were a Mother's Day gift a couple of years ago) surrounded by volunteer cilantro.  Don't you just love the wonder of it all?!

Today is Sunday, which has a special magic all it's own.  We have a rare day all to ourselves, my best guy and I.  We plan to change some oil and clip the overgrown magnolia, and take a stand against the weeds in the flower beds.  Pretty romantic, I know, but it's perfect for me.

I hope the magic of this Sunday brings you something perfect, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!