Thursday, May 9, 2013

Day off... Very Thankful!

I decided to take the day off.  Actually, on Tuesday when every other word I said was 'freaking' I knew I needed a day to detox.  Today was that day.  It has been great.

Here are a few things I did:  dropped a package @UPS; made a return @TJMaxx; purchased new kitchen towels; made a futile trip into JoAnn's for soapmaking supplies (what the heck JoAnn's?); went to the tire place to fix a slow leak (which they did gratis & rotated the tires, too); bought some soap making supplies @Michael's; bought some new shorts (4 pairs actually); stopped for lunch; came home to pick up one of my favorite guys, went back out searching for veggies to plant in the garden; found veggies and some flowers for pots (which is a tricky proposition since last year the freaking chickens systematically moved from pot to pot eating every single bloom, bud and leaf); did a quick turn through the grocery and then an even quicker turn through the liquor store.
Pineapple Margarita

Good grief!  It's no wonder I'm beat.

And then when we got home, we worked to make this little beauty, which I found on Pinterest.  Geez I love that site.  Anyway, here's a link to the creator's website, which has the recipe.  It was delicious.  These are 8 ounce glasses and it made 4 plus.  We put crushed and regular ice in the glass and just used the lime wedge for garnish.  We also had some delicious Tequilla Lime Chicken Tacos.  Fabulous.

Not much of a day off if I were going for relaxing, but to be able to cross all these items off my list is amazing and I feel lighter, and more relaxed than if I'd lounged all day.  Think I might take a power nap!  Try a Pineapple Margarita - they are tart and crisp and sweet all at the same time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!