Monday, May 6, 2013

Please take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space...

This is a good guideline to live by.  I was faced, no confronted, no assaulted today by a co-worker who came bearing attitude and rudeness.  It's tough, when someone else is intentionally rude to try to understand, to not respond in kind, and to not take it personally.

So, I'm sitting here trying to figure out just exactly what to say or not say to this freaking rude person tomorrow.  I'd like to say nothing, but it's a pretty small office space.  I'm not really ticked.  Though I'm not too thrilled with it either.  I realize that the FRP (freaking rude person) isn't my responsibility and since I didn't do anything to provoke the situation I am not taking it personally.  That being said, I won't be treated like that.  I'm a person and therefore deserving of respect.  I give it and I expect it.  Period.

Yet another day to be a bigger person.  Woot.  But if it's okay, tomorrow I'd like to just coast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!