The way you treat your employees is the way they will treat your customers. ~ Richard Branson, Virgin
more to come, soon.
Tuesday, September 2, 2014
I have a thing you have bothered to call about, so it must be something you want. I'm simply selling something I no longer need or want. You are not doing me a favor. If anything, I'm doing you a favor, so if you want me to sell it to you, start with following this checklist:
- Show up on time. Arrive when you say you are going to arrive. Being late is disrespectful. Disrespect does not incline me to want to sell you anything.
- Remember: I am a person.
- We've never met before, so being pleasant and courteous is a good start.
- I am selling an item. You are not doing me a favor.
- I've put a price on it. That's the price I want or I would have put a different price on it.
- YOU are NOT doing me a favor.
- Don't call 10 times talking about random things or call, trying to keep me on the phone going over and over and over the same thing. I don't have that kind of time.
- Don't call 10 minutes before you said you'd arrive to ask for a different time. Again, disrespectful.
- Don't start listing all the things that are wrong with the item when you arrive. It's rude. Rudeness does not incline me to want to sell you ANYTHING.
- You don't want it? Fantastic. Just say so and have a safe trip home.
- YOU ARE NOT DOING ME A FAVOR.
Criminy! What on earth are you thinking? Coming to my house and acting like a fool? Calling on the phone eating up my time and energy for nothing. Seriously putting a disclaimer on the ad right now. Fools and Disrespecters need not respond. Some day soon this is going to be a very funny story.