Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine's Day

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. It was a magical day that started the night before when my husband told me that I would be treated to dinner prepared by my husband and oldest son. They planned the menu, shopped and would do all the cooking, AND all the cleaning up.

Usually I lead the charge on Valentine's day. So, this year has been a fun and unexpected surprise. It's proof positive that you always get the thing you need when you need it most. With a busy week at work and trying to finish some orders for my new venture, I was behind on the Valentine's Day preparations. But, with their announcement, suddenly my day opened up and a weight was lifted!

So, I went to work for a couple of hours, then went on an adventure with my son that began with a delicious lunch including guacamole (have I mentioned my obsession?) We wandered around some local antique stores in the afternoon. It was fun and interesting and I found some great pieces. (I'm going to feature a post on a couple of items I purchased later, so you'll just have to wait for that bit of goodness.)

We did a little decorating and then I just lounged (and knitted) while preparations got underway. The snow started again, so there was grilling in a snow shakeup. The food was delicious. The whole day was sweet and wonderful and delicious! And red, red tulips.

Hope your day was filled with what you most needed. (If not, make a list, will ya? [see this post]





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!