Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Stress...

A while ago, I took on additional responsibilities at work. Part of the new "job" are tasks that are completed once a year @ fiscal year end. That time is upon me again. It's stressful. I've only done it once before and that was 12 months ago. It's stressful! Did I say that already? I don't really know what I'm doing and I feel adrift. I thought today was going to be the end, but not.  Not even close. Everything took extra time today and I discovered that a thing I do once a quarter, I did wrong last quarter. So then extra time was spent trying to figure out how to correct the mistake. ARGH.

Once upon a time I thought doing this would be fun and interesting and challenging. Ha Ha Ha. Insert some hysterical laughing here. Of course it has been fun and interesting and challenging, but just right now there isn't anything fun or interesting. It's all challenging to a level that is very stressful.

At any rate, this too shall pass. And it will. It will pass and then once I'm on the other side of this little nightmare I hope I can laugh in a real way (not hysterical).

Mostly I'm writing this blog entry therapuetically. As often happens, I find that spending a few minutes letting it all out helps me going forward. Also, I'm hoping to get a good night's sleep tonight. I've been so tired the last three days and I'm... do you know what's coming?... TIRED of it! LOL. ROFLOL! Whew, I crack myself up.

We had another lovely day today. Warm, almost balmy. I did drive with the window cracked and it was glorious.

On a sad note, I finished the book on tape I was listening to for the past week and I'm bumming a little. It was a great book and the 'reader' (what is the correct term?) was a really good one. She wasn't too dramatic or monotone, which if you ever listen to books on tape you know that the reader is a critical component to the success of the book. Well, the point is this... I've been listening to the book on tape every time I've been in the car for the last week. I laughed, I cried, I was on the edge of my seat to know what was coming next. That's a good, good book. And now I've finished and I'm bumming.

Also, the chair I sit in at work is slightly too short for my desk, which gives me shoulder fatigue. Whoa, I'm going to stop right there because this could turn into a gripe fest and who needs that? Not me! I am going to resolve that chair thing, though. PDQ.

Well, that's about it from Galena on this night. I'm going to head to my room to chill until I fall asleep. When I wake in the morning I'm going to feel refreshed and joyful and fully rested.

Best kid's joke ever:  Why did the cookie go to the doctor?  Because he felt crumby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!