Monday, March 7, 2011

Project #18 Daisy Vest


Have you ever seen "Please Don't Eat the Daisies" with Doris Day and David Niven? Well it's a good one and when I saw this fleece in the remnant bin, I could hear the Amazing Ms. Day singing the title song.

The blue is very vivid and the gingham centers... well, I love it.

Today has been a really interesting day. Through my local public library I have access to online 'courses' that cover a wide range of topics, from learning basic computer skills to learning a new software program to taking placement tests or practicing for entrance testing. It's pretty incredible. In the comfort of my own home, I've spent the afternoon learning skills that will improve my life at work. It's a go at your own pace and you can pause or repeat the information as much as necessary. It's pretty amazing.

I believe that public libraries, public education, free radio, free television and now the Internet, which are all ways of freely disseminating information and knowledge, hugely contribute to to the very fact that it is possible for each of us to voice opinions in opposition of our neighbors, our employers, our government. Knowledge is power after all. When I see the tragic battle that other countries go through to be free, to be heard, to be valued... at the same time I am saying a prayer for them, I am saying one of gratitude for this perfectly imperfect country and my blessed life here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!