Friday, March 4, 2011

Project #17 More Scarves


Okay, I'm a little scarf happy. I'm really enjoying using all the crazy yarns I've collected.

These two scarves are knit every row with large needles, 15's I think. The reason is that the yarns are so busy that intricate patterns are lost and the yarn doesn't look as good. But these big knit stitches allow the yarn to shine. Plus, the knit fabric created is super drapable, soft and flowing.

I apoligize for the top picture. I tried everything I could think of to get this yarn to look as good in the picture as it does in real life. No luck. The yarn is Lazy Daisy, by Moda Dea, and I think it may be discontinued. It's possible to still find it around though. The yarn is fairly thin with big daisies every few inches. Using the large needles creates a very webby scarf that looks beautiful with my black wool coat. This is a wide long scarf, suitable for tossing over one shoulder with attitude :).

The other scarf is made from a yarn called Twister, by Patons. It's two different yarns, twisted together... get it? Twister - twisted. hee hee. Anyway, very interesting yarn, easy to use and the end result is very textural, soft and drapey. This scarf is wide but not as long so it will easily tuck into the neck of your coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!