Monday, March 14, 2011

Project #19 Short Row Scarf


Isn't this a cool scarf? Also from my favorite source Lion Brand Yarn. It's called a Short Row Scarf and as I've never made anything with short rows, it was really quite fun for the first half of the scarf ;)

Joking! It is a long project, but worth it as it looks very elegant. I've included the LBY photo as it shows how the scarf looks on. Some reviewers on the LBY site complained about the 'holes' left when making the short rows, but I have to say I think it makes the scarf way more interesting! I used a super soft bright yellow and am quite pleased with the result.


I am also pleased to report that I've finally mastered figuring the gauge. I know, I know, it's not rocket science, but for whatever reason I've struggled with finding the gauge knitting. This scarf is made to the patterns specifications :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!