Friday, January 21, 2011

Project #3 Mittens

These bright little stars are new mittens.

I've tried many, many patterns with frustrating success and decided to search the net for something simpler. The one I used for the above I found on a site some time ago and alas it is no longer posted there, so I can't link it for you.

I sewed one side of the mitten (around the thumb and down to the wrist) then opened it out to zigzag the elastic in place. I learned this technique from one of the many patterns above, and it works really well.

Mittens take next to no fabric and can be made out of anything you'd like. I've used a fleece scrap for these. Think I might try a pair out of an old wool coat with a flannel liner. hmmm... This 30 projects in 30 days is a winner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!