Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Goal for one Month!

Okay, confession time... I have quite a stash. First, let me say that I love fabric. LOVE it. A fabric store is a wonderland to me. It's possibilities, ideas, creativity, hope, eagerness, ... Well you get the idea.

This isn't anything new... I've always had a stash. What's brought this to the forefront of my attention is that I was recently gifted a huge amount of fabric. Really great fabric... fleece, minky, felt, cotton, duck, fun fur and so much more. Really awesome stuff.

Only problem is, it won't fit into the alloted space in my studio. Now mind you, this is really good fabric and I must keep it. I must. So what to do? What to do?

I sat in my studio looking at the abundance and inspiration hit... For one month, I'm going to complete one project every single day. It's going to be awesome! I have some projects that are in various stages of completion and I have lot's of patterns for new projects. Plus, I think this will be just the right nudge to get me to sew a challenging sewing project that I've been putting off for some time.

There is more in my studio than just fabric and I've decided not to limit myself as to what I make, so the process will be more creative and more fun and not like a chore... so who knows what will be coming out of there.

Oh wait, you will know, because I'm going to post all the projects here :) Accountability is good. I'm going to use this blog as a way of keeping myself on task.

Plus, when the month is complete, not only will I have lots of newly finished projects, the shelves where I keep my stash can be reorganized to better display and therefore better inspire.

I'm really looking forward to what this month brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!