Sunday, February 8, 2009

Book Cover!


Okay, it's fair to say I've recently been obsessed with this color combination. Black, white and lime green. But it's also fair to say, it's rockin'.

Today's foray into sewing happines is a book cover. Except for the high school book covers of paper bags, this is my first attempt. It's a good first try, but I think for the next one I make I may use a stretchy twill or other stretchy bottom weight fabric cause it's pretty snug and requires much figeting to get it on. But once it's on, it looks... nice!

The bookmark was a recommendation from another, and is sewn into the back flap. I added the bead dangle, cause I enjoy beading, and even a book cover will benefit from a little sparkle.

The only downside is that now I'm hooked. I need more covers to fit larger sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!