Friday, February 13, 2009

Love's all you really need...



I like Valentine's Day. I like to make a fuss for my family with something special for dinner and turning the dining room into a heart-fest. Hearts hanging from the ceiling, heart confetti sprinkled on the silver tablecloth, iced tea and milk served in champagne glasses.

These heart coasters are the most recent addition to the table top. I found a potholder pattern on the net, but used thread instead of cotton yarn and voila... Coasters. They measure 5 1/2 by 4 1/2 (not counting the lashes of the eyelash yarn). The eyelash yarn is two strands held together and single crocheted around the outside.

Our kids are getting older and our Valentine traditions are changing. But, I'm still a sucker for hearts and for love and these coasters make me happy.

May your Valentine's Day be filled with whatever makes you happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!