Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Best... An inflammatory thought

Ever noticed how when someone tells you or you read that something is "The best" it kinda gets your dander up?  Why is that?

Is it because we don't think anyone else should be deciding for us just what is best?  Is it because we think the label-er can't possibly have any idea what's good let alone what's best?  Is it because we wanted to be the one to say it first?

I don't particularly know the reason, but I catch myself doing it sometimes.  I suppose I think that what is best is very personal and very subjective.  So subjective in fact that one day I think it's the best and on another I might just think it's okay.

So, I bet you are wondering what has brought this on...  Well, I've found something that really is the best and I want to share it with you:


They are Wonder Clips by Clover.  OMG!  I've been making a vest from prequilted fabric and I've used these instead of pins.  The are amazing.  Maybe you've already seen them.  I just discovered them and this is my first project.  I used them to hold on the bias tape that I used to enclose every exposed end.   I used them to hold the zipper in place.  The zipper doesn't shift or bubble as sometimes happens with pins.  No getting stuck when maneuvering the fabric through the sewing machine.  The clips remain firm, but are easily removed or re positioned with one hand.  Woo Hoo!  They are the best!  hee hee

Buy the big box.  It's pricey, but totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!