Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Thoughts about this blog...


Have you noticed I've been hiding a little? Though I've been writing posts to the blog, I've kind of been hiding behind projects. I'm a pretty private person. I also don't think everything is newsworthy. Plus, I feel a little uncomfortable and exposed sometimes... Even knowing that I'm probably the only person who reads this.

I realized as I re-read the oldest posts that I let that uncomfortableness (or fear, which is what it really is) keep me away for long periods of time and/or use to blog to dryly document projects. They only bright spot in the past few months were the Thankfully posts.

I also discovered I've just passed my two year anniversary with this blog, which is astounding to me. I think I'll keep it for at least a little while longer, but something has got to change because I'm bored with it. So... it's time for it to get more interesting, lively, and unexpected.

I love words. Quotes, lyrics, poems, literature, comics, advertisiing... you never never know when or where you will find insight or wisdom or comfort. Yesterday I saw the new Chrysler/Eminem commercial and all I can say is WOW. That is quality advertising. Simple, direct, powerful, uplifting, courageous, hopeful...

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all...
~Emily Dickinson


I am hoping for Spring. It's been a long white winter and I'd dearly love some green, hence the picture above. As I'm writing this, the sun is shining... now that's a welcome sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!