Friday, February 18, 2011

Forgotten Pictures and Perspective

Arrrghhh. I've forgotten to take pictures of gifts given away recently. Which, as I'm on this 30 projects challenge I find even more frustrating than usual.

That being said, I'm letting the frustration go. How amazing is it to be able to make gifts for people, which brings happiness to both giver and receiver? How great is it to be so caught up in the giving of the gift that you forget about documenting it? I have an amazing life and being frustrated about this is just plain silly.

I have a friend with a young son. She said a few days ago that her son was very put out that his favorite after school snack was not in the house. Very put out. She felt he was ungrateful for all that he has and was put out herself. But as I listened to her story, all I thought was both she and her son are very, very blessed. How wonderful is the life of her son when the absence of a favorite snack is the worst thing that happened to him? How blessed are they that this little boy does not have hunger or violence or some other darkness to measure his daily routine against.

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. Groucho Marx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!