Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Guacamole

Just had to share some pics of the most delicious guacamole ever! Want some, too?

First, let me say that the best tasting avocados are Haas. They are smaller, so it's tempting to go for the larger ones, but resist... resist. The Haas have a better flavor, which Duh! makes a better guacamole.

Second, like everything else, I think it's the most delicious because it's tailored to my tastes.  Your favorite guacamole might vary based on your tastes. But, this is seriously good guac!

2 avocados, diced (I'm just going to assume you know how to do this)
1 Tbs fresh lime juice.
2 green onions, diced
8 grape tomatoes diced
1/2 fresh jalapeno, seeded, diced very small
1 clove garlic, minced
1Tbs fresh cilantro diced.
salt to taste

Begin with the avocados. Once you have the diced avocado in the bowl, add the lime juice and stir to coat all the chunks. Mash the avocado with a fork to the consistency you like. I like mine chunky, so I don't mash until smooth. Add salt and mix again. Taste. Add salt as needed. It's easier to get an even distribution of salt at this point, but you can also taste and add at the end. Add remaining ingredients and stir.  Eat delicious guacamole with chips, on a sandwich, with pitas, by itself. Oooo, did I say that out loud?

As you can see, I like my guac lime-y. It adds excitement and it keeps the avocado green! I remove the seeds from the jalapeno, but when you make your own, feel free to leave them in. In fact, experiment with the ingredients you like and share your results.

Avocados are good for you. They contain "Good Fat". More importantly, they make guacamole, which is SUper delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!