Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Crock Pot Wonder

Here is a crock pot wonder I've 'adjusted' from a food show I like.  We had it for dinner tonight and it's a big hit!

Into the crock pot go the following items:

2-3 pound chuck roast
1 large or 2 small onions sliced in long strips or rings
1 jar of pepperoncini - including the liquid
1 cup beef broth
3 cloves garlic
1 potato quartered, no need to peel

Let it cook on high for at least 5 hours. The potato is just to absorb salt, because sometimes the broth can be too salty. I mean, you can eat it if you want to, I know I did ;-).

Once it's cooked, shred the beef. This delicious mixture goes on any kind of roll or bun or tortilla. The peppers are spicy and we pick off the stems as we make our sandwiches. They won't hurt you, I just think they're woody. You can top with your choice of toppings. I haven't had this a way I didn't like. I've had them with nothing other than the broth on a crusty roll and it's delicious. I've also topped with cheese, lettuce, and tomato - equally delicious. My husband is a mayonnaise addict and regularly puts mayo on his. I think you can put anything on it and it will be delicious.  

Today we had slider buns and I went classic: meat & pepper with a small scoop of broth. mmm, mmmmmm!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!