Tuesday, July 2, 2013

It's my birthday!

Today is my 50th birthday!  I feel really good and fine about the number.  We had a party on the weekend to celebrate and my sweet niece asked me if I felt any different.  I immediately said no, but then I thought about it and said "No, I guess I feel like 50 is a kind of accomplishment that I feel really happy about."

Some other things introduced in 1963:

SweeTarts
Computer Mouse
Chips Ahoy
Hang Glider
Push Button Phone
"I Have A Dream" by Martin Luther King, Jr.
Smiley Face
Lava Lamps
"Happiness is a Warm Puppy" Charles M. Schultz
Pop Tarts

Since it's my birthday, I'm asking everyone to do something for me... Please do something kind for someone else today.  Big or small, doesn't matter.  What matters is the love.  Here are some ideas:  Smile at a stranger, help someone in need, give your kids an extra hug, take flowers to a relative, pay for the coffee of the person after you in line.

The stranger you see smiling at you today is me!  I'm celebrating 50 with love so I'm sending love out to everyone today!

“I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud. And I don't want to get to the end, or to tomorrow, even, and realize that my life is a collection of meetings and pop cans and errands and receipts and dirty dishes. I want to eat cold tangerines and sing out loud in the car with the windows open and wear pink shoes and stay up all night laughing and paint my walls the exact color of the sky right now. I want to sleep hard on clean white sheets and throw parties and eat ripe tomatoes and read books so good they make me jump up and down, and I want my everyday to make God belly laugh, glad that he gave life to someone who loves the gift.” ― Shauna Niequist, Cold Tangerines: Celebrating the Extraordinary Nature of Everyday Life 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!