Friday, June 14, 2013

Rings and things...

I realized I haven't posted a pic of our wedding bands, so here it is.  My husband's family is Irish, Scottish, Welsh and I've always been drawn to anything Irish or Scottish, so choosing these bands was a natural fit.  Mark likes unique and he wanted a wide band.  We went silver since it's our Silver Anniversary.  (The details are a little hard to see, so I'm including a better close up, too.  I had to change from color to grayscale because the color was so funky.  Yes, I'm still learning how to take good pictures.  Oh well, what would life be without growth opportunities?!)

At any rate, it took a while to find the right bands, but these I love more and more.  There really isn't enough room on my finger to comfortably fit my 10th anniversary band, plus it's gold, so I'm going with just the new band.  There are three thistles and three celtic knots that go all the way around the band.

I just love Mark's hands.  They are warm and strong and can fix just about anything.  There's a little roughness to them, which speaks to the fact they are working hands.  I feel more secure, more steady whenever they are holding mine.

So I've been a teensy bit crabby this week.  I can't even say why, though I've been trying to figure it out.  Things happen and I'm super ticked, but I'm grown enough to know it's not the unfinished chores or the looney driver.  The fact remains that I'm in need of an attitude adjustment.  Too bad there isn't a store for that!
"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." Abraham Lincoln


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!