Tuesday, November 8, 2011

It's a good day!

It's been a good day. Election day - the first for my son. Exciting. I love going to vote. I'm not sure why exactly. I'm not a strongly political person, in that I believe we all get to choose and it doesn't bother me one little bit that other people have differing opinions from mine. I am, however, adamant that every citizen is responsible for their community, state and nation and as citizens, we all need to vote. We are blessed to live in this country and voting is a way of showing gratitude for the blessing. My son, who is very civic minded, was pleased as punch to vote. What an amazing gift to be able to see life through the eyes of your children. We voted before work/school today, so the day started off well. We are enjoying a warm spell. Still a hint of fall in the wind, but warm and sunny. The sunshine makes the fall colored leaves glow. Work was great. Long, fun filled and great. My arm is definitely well along the way to being mended. It just feels significantly better with the addition of massage therapy. Yesterday took the dog to the groomer and now she looks like a lamb. I can't resist calling her Lamb-y Pie... hee hee. I love my husband. Not new, or startling, but it's good to remember how lovely it is to love another person. That I've known and loved him more than half my life... well that's just the icing on the cake. Yes. It's a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!