Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Self - Awareness - let's all get some


“When you hold on to your history, you do it at the expense of your destiny.” ~ Bishop T.D. Jakes

Self - Awareness is such an important skill. Please, please, please, spend some time developing the ability to see how you are and how that affects those around you. It is not okay to carry your childhood 'baggage' into senility. It really isn't. I could sugar coat this and say we are all on a journey and doing the best we can (which I believe wholeheartedly), but the fact of the matter is... it just isn't okay.

The thing is that if you aren't at least considering the people around you by the time you are an adult, you are just being lazy. Some will say self centered, egotistical, or shallow. I say lazy. You know the people I"m talking about... They wear the wounds of their childhood proudly and use them as excuses to behave any way they choose. They unleash their junk on you and claim "I had a bad childhood". Well people, I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU: (ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION?) We all have wounds. It's part of life. The difference between you and all the people who "Just don't understand" is that they aren't inflicting their pain on you or using it as a crutch to be small, mean, lazy, unkind and stingy.

Let me say it again... WE ALL HAVE CRAP TO DEAL WITH. It doesn't make you special or unique or deserving of special consideration. What makes people special is how they respond. What makes people unique is how they fulfill the promise of life. Special consideration is reserved for the brave and the strong who persevere, who strive, who attain.

Whew. Tough day. Needed to vent. Thanks for letting me.

BTW~this little blog reached 3,000 views today. That's so cool and a little freaky. I hope you are finding value here. I know it helps me.  Thanks for taking a peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!