Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gifts Project #2


Purses! I love to make purses. They are a chance to really let your creativity go. Even the most conservative dresser will carry a purse with pizzazz, so they make great gifts!

This purse has been featured several places, but what I like about the pattern I used the Grab Bag pattern from AllPeopleQuilt.com is the addition of pockets and batting. You can get the pattern here.

I used bandanas for the outside and a crazy checked cotton for the inside. I love hot pink and black! It's very Good-n-Plenty, if you know what I mean ;)

This purse is very comfortable to use. I made a test one, out of some really old scraps of white denim with blue & brown flowers and liked it so much I'm still using it for my everyday purse. Because the handles interlock, the contents of your purse are secure. Cotton fabric is very cool and comfortable and the batting keeps your goodies safe from harm.


btw-The AllPeopleQuilt site is one of my favorites. Whether you Quilt or not, take a look. Very fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!