Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankfully...


Well, I don't always blog with regularity, okay I never do. However, the bug is with me today, so I'm posting another.

We are approaching Thanksgiving. I've been posting Thankful Thoughts on my fb page for the past 10 days or so and I'm enjoying it so much that I want to post one here, too:

I am thankful for husband. He's great! Seriously. Great. He's handy, smart, funny, loving, hard working, handsome, silly, quirky. He gave me a sense of belonging and safety I'd never known before. With him, we created two amazing children who've grown into young men that I both like and respect. He came three older children, who are now adults with children of their own, that add depth and texture to our lives. It's amazing to be part of a blended family! Sure, he gets under my skin from time to time, but if I'm being honest - that has as much to do with me as it does with him. Yes, he's handy and smart and all those other things, however, I'm eternally thankful for this man who gave me the greatest gift... love.

The picture is of a hummingbird who visited with us most of the summer. Two years ago I planted a honeysuckle vine that flowered like mad and attracted the hummers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!