Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Baker's Dozen

Our hens sat on about 30 eggs. Of those 14 hatched. One chick just wasn't strong enough for this world and passed yesterday. Of the remaining eggs, many were not fertilized, but some were that just didn't hatch. As we are not farmers, this was an interesting unfolding for my family. Knowing things can happen and witnessing them are sometimes very different. It was a blessing for me to watch my beautiful children experience the joy and sorrow of the hatching process. Hard, yes, but joyful, too.

A bakers dozen of fluffy tan wonders peeping, hopping, pecking, and scooting around the coop. It's just chicks becoming chickens, but my oh my, it's among the best things I've ever witnessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!