Saturday, March 14, 2009

Life is as good as you want it to be...

I believe that life is good. I believe that happiness is possible for every single person. I believe that we can all achieve whatever we want.

It's easy to fall prey to the talking heads. They fill the TV, newspapers, radio, magazines with doom and gloom and make their fortunes on our fear. You're too... ________ (fill in the blank). No matter how you fill in the blank, the message is clear: you do not measure up, you are not good enough. But that is not truth, that is fear.

This attitude of fear is spreading. At work, at church, at school, in a restaurant, in the checkout line -- the talk is fear, negativity, sorrow.

I have found myself being affected by all this negativity, despite my absolute knowing that life is good. Have you ever noticed... when you are looking for bad, it draws it ever nearer, and you find it everywhere? But, when you no longer look for the bad, it slips farther and farther away?

I am taking back my happiness. I decide how I feel; I evaluate what is right for me; I will not allow others to tell me to be afraid. Right now, this minute and every minute going forward, I'm in charge of me.

Yet another lovely Irish Blessing, from me to you...

May love and laughter light your days, and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours, wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons bring the best to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!