Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Yoga! Yoga! Yoga!


Well, I wasn't sore the next day or the next. I was aware of some muscles that I hadn't been aware of before yoga, but not sore. AND... my bum knee, that I hurt in the 6th grade when we were sitting on our desks tossing around a nerf ball that went just a little wide and when I went to step down on the floor to reach it, my foot was caught in my bell-bottom corduroys and I fell onto the concrete floor, right on my knee, which swelled up like nobody's business and I had to use crutches for a week to let it heal and the swelling to go down.  (are you impressed by the run-on-ness of that sentence?) Well you should be!

Anyway, I fell on my right knee in the 6th grade and as I age, my knee grumbles. But, the yoga totally eliminated any sort of pain in my knee for two days. Seriously! And you'd think that all the child's pose and cow and cat poses, it would stress out my knee, but no. I did each thing as long as I could do it, and my knee thanked me for it for the next two days. So I'm really looking forward to going back. I'm trying to figure out how I can get to classes more often, once I finish the beginner course. I like feeling good, so I want to find time for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!