Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Patience...

As I'm sitting here, every bad joke about patience I've ever heard is flitting through my mind. I really can't resist...

I want patience and I want it now!

I am in the midst of a personally challenging situation. Without going into details I don't want fluttering around the web at the moment, I will summarize it as: I must deal on a regular basis with a person who isn't in control of their emotions, as in very like bi-polar. I am not a doctor and can't make any sort of diagnosis. What I am is frustrated, emotionally drained and pondering what options I have.

Must I continue on, dealing with this person and the wide, w i d e, mood swings? Or is it time to remove myself from the situation altogether? Is there some other option?

I'm reluctant to remove from it. I feel at turns like that might be running away, or allowing myself to driven away. Neither of which I find acceptable.

Continuing on holds little appeal because I have absolutely no way of knowing what will be presented. Happy, jovial, fun. Or mean and belittling. Any random little thing can set off a rant, followed by sickening joviality rather than apologies.

The situation, when this person is removed from it, is fun, interesting, appropriately challenging and something I care about. When this person is present, the fear of a verbal attack makes it tense, confusing and wholly unpleasant.

So, in the midst of the turmoil, the message above is sent to me. Is this person here to teach me patience? Or is this person here to teach me to get the heck out of Dodge? How do I know?

Come on, world wide web, tell me the truth... How do I know?

Well, unfortunately, no ready answers have appeared.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!