Saturday, April 6, 2013

Kitchen Update

We've seen the layout on the granite and it is beautiful.  We've ordered the backsplash tiles.  We have the new cork flooring.  We have a new faucet....  Now we are waiting.

In the meantime, we are going to look at lighting this morning.  We need some additional lighting in the kitchen over the peninsula and over the stove.  I might even take a look at under counter lighting.  The granite  is sparkly and the tile has some glimmer, so a little under cabinet lighting will provide the light when the sun does not.  Hmmm...

Also, we are going to resolve the shelving situation today.  What was going to be a refresh has turned into an update and it's taking quite a bit longer than I anticipated.  Which is fine, except that the overflow is sitting on the kitchen table and the floor in the front room and I'm starting to feel a little crazy.

It's not like I'm a total neat freak or anything.  If you come over to eat off the floor plan on finding a stray dog hair, some dirt and probably a pebble from the driveway.  No, I'm not a neat freak, but it makes me just a little jangly with all this random stuff everywhere.

And my favorite husband is jumping from one project to another and I've had to put my foot down.  We are doing the kitchen.  Period.  Until it is finished.  Just the Kitchen.  Jangly and foot down.  YIKES!

But it's not all bad...  Whenever I feel stressed out, I clean.  So, just maybe you will be able to come over and eat off the floors without any extras!

Wish me luck out there in the wide, wide world of lighting.  It has been the setting of many a frustrating conversation with my husband ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!