Sunday, January 27, 2013

New Toy!


Oh, I love a new toy!  I've entered the world of Silhouette.  There is lots to figure out, but man oh man is it fun.  Here is my first successful 'vinylling'.  It's a frosted vinyl with a purchased image on a bathroom mirror.  It's adorable, even if I do say so myself.  The other two people who've seen it both had the same reaction! Yea!  It took me a while to get it together.  Trial and error.  But the process was fun and the possibilities are endless.

It's a goal to make and send homemade cards this year.  With this new toy, they will be quite fancy!

Try to imagine taking a picture of a mirror without getting yourself, your hand, or your camera in the shot.  These were the best of the bunch.  Not to mention this is a frosted, but clear vinyl, so it's pretty subtle, hence the somewhat fuzzy nature of the pictures.  Or is that due to some sort of user error?  Funny process anyway.

Totally off topic:  See the shelving in this bathroom.  My fabulously handy husband made it to fit the space and the dimensions I wanted. I love my handy husband.

Also off topic, but worth sharing with the world I think:  I heard this on TV recently:  Children are not perfect... but they don't need to know that you know that.  The world will point out their flaws, soon enough.  Try to be the one to see them with the kindest eyes.

This thought has been rattling around in my head ever since and is really what prompted the choice of the vinyl.  I'll be putting up things on every mirror in the house and changing them as inspiration hits.  It's yet another way to love those you love.  And during this Year of Light, I plan on loving in as many ways as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!