Thursday, March 22, 2012

No Shampoo Update

I'm catching up for a couple of days... Yesterday began much as the previous days had with me not completely satisfied with the status of my hair. Limp, dull, bummer. After work I decided to shower again. This time I made a slurry of baking soda and water, 1/4 cup of baking soda with just enough water for it to swirl around. I dumped the entire contents on the top of my head and gave it a good rubbing in all over my scalp. Rinsed thoroughly and things were definitely better! Woot. Not perfect, but there was something like shine and bounce to my hair.

This morning, I repeated the entire process, 1/4 cup baking soda with about 1/2 cup of water (perhaps less)... It's perfect. My hair is happy and so am I! It looks good, healthy, and clean! I couldn't be happier. I didn't even dry it this morning, which I've typically done to give my fine hair some lift. But I didn't need it this morning. No drying time, no hairspray. This just gets better and better.

I think I've crossed the 'transition' line and will back down the amount of baking soda at this point as 1/4 c is quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!