Monday, September 12, 2011

Birthday Boy

Today is my first baby's birthday. On this day, 22 years ago I was blessed with a son.
My life is richer, fuller, more colorful, more challenging, more loving... well more because he came into my life. I completely wanted a child - 100% wanted a baby. No doubts, no questions. I felt from the beginning he was a boy and vividly dreamed about him. The pregnancy became more difficult towards the end for me and the baby. I was scared, not just about our health, but about becoming a mother (thanks in part to the oh so helpful brigade of people who just love sharing pregnancy, birth and motherhood stories). One day in September, he arrived, three weeks before his due date. When we first made eye contact I sighed from my very toes it seemed, then cried and laughed at the same time. I knew it was going to be okay. You see, I recognized this sweet, amazing little bundle of wonder from my dreams. And though stress and fear had kept me from dreaming of him at the end, we'd met many times in the earlier parts of my pregnancy. We were old friends and everything is possible with an old friend. Happy, Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!