Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Day of School

Today is my last First Day of school as my youngest is a senior this year. While he will go to college next year, move-in day is not the same. This is an end of an era and it's a little bittersweet.

I don't, not even a little, wish to hold back time or return to a different time. Which is not to say that I don't fondly remember chubby arms, sticky kisses and dandelion bouquets. What I'm saying is I love my life and am so thrilled with the children I am blessed with and who they have become that I eagerly look forward to who they are becoming too much to wish for times gone by.

The little routines of the first day of school though... Pictures on the porch, seeing their excitment, soothing jangled nerves, packing lunches, new clothes, school supplies... I love it all.

I started writing this yesterday waiting for the senior to return home, but then the news of the day and activities of the evening pushed this post aside. Yeah! Great first day. It's wonderful to see the excitement, feel the anticipation and share the challenges. Have I mentioned that I love my life ~ imperfect, crazy, messy, happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!