Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I am smarter today!

Last year I took on a new role where I work.  Part of this role is a software program that was written in the dark ages where computer mouses didn't exist.  Not kidding.  It uses "F" commands and prints to a dot matrix printer.

The time has come to move us into a new era and I'm currently in training.  My mind is whirring with all the possibilities.  I almost want to skip tomorrow's class to try out some of the great things I learned today.  But, I won't.  Tomorrow we've been promised things that are equally as, or possibly more, exciting than today.

It's been a while since I've taken a formal training class and I'm loving it.  I really enjoy learning.  My trainer is good and the material is good and I'm actually getting the help I need.  I'm a big nerd.  I admit it.  I genuinely like school.  I was an adult college student.  I started my degree in my twenties and between husband, kids and work earned my bachelor's 20 years after I started.

Unconventional, yes.  Would I choose differently? No.  I (as I might have mentioned) was an angry teen.  I had an interesting childhood, that I simply did not know how to deal with.  Angry is no way to experience university.  Luckily it took me a couple of years to figure things out.  By the time I started, I was calmer and, dare I say it, more grown up.  I LOVED college.  LOVED, LOVED, LOVED it.  Well, except economics.  Bleh.

Anyway, enough remembrances.  My point here is that I'm in a training class.  I'm learning a lot.  So much, in fact, I'm smarter than when I started.  Now that's a good day!


“I am not a teacher, but an awakener.” Robert Frost

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!