Monday, November 16, 2009

#1 Meal - Time Saving Tip

My absolute favorite time saving technique is to make ahead one pound packages of browned ground meats, which I freeze in zipper freezer bags.

I start by buying differing kinds of ground meat at the grocery. Ground Turkey, Beef, Chicken, Sausage, doesn't matter. I usually usually make 6 pounds at a time and use two or three different kinds of meat. I use a small food chopper to chop up 1 stalk of celery, 1 large carrot, 1 clove of garlic and one yellow onion per 2 pounds. I brown two pounds at a time cause that's what fits in my skillet. I salt and pepper and include some veggies with each batch. When brown, I drain, then dump it into a huge bowl to wait until all the batches are finished. Mix well, then divide into zipper bags. ONce you fill the bags, squeeze the air out, zip, then smoosh the bag flat cause it stores much better in the freezer this way.

These little bags of wonder make in a hurry dinners! Just think of all the dishes you can make: spaghetti, chili, sloppy joes, omelet filling, pizza topping...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!