Monday, October 13, 2014

Yoga Update...

I know, a second update this week. Whew! How will you ever find time to do anything else if I keep posting at this pace... hee hee. Sometimes I crack myself up.

Anyway, since it's been quite some time since the last yoga update, I thought I'd share: Yes, we are still going. Twice a week very regularly. To be quite frank, while I don't love every minute of every class, I LOVE YOGA. I really do. I feel better, move better, have more flexibility, more strength and as my husband tells me quite often, I look better, too.

There are challenging poses and combinations of poses, that I struggle with and sometimes in the midst of a challenging series, I'm a tad ticked that I can't do it or do it well. But that passes quickly. Last week our instructor, Mary (♥ her) took time to tell me how pleased she was with my progress and that my plank was picture perfect. Given that when we started 3 months ago I could not do a plank is serious praise indeed. It's things like that (and there are a million of them) which make the progress so much fun. For example, when we first started I found sitting cross legged for a length of time uncomfortable. Now I don't even think about doing it. Initially downward facing dog was an effort, but now it's a position of rest. I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

It's awesome and I feel the improvement and am very happy about it. We are considering adding a third class. We'll see what November brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!