Monday, August 22, 2011

Project #24 Dress


Well, it's been so long since I updated this blog that I don't remember the exact timing of the finished projects... But that's not important is it? This little dress is from a McCall's pattern for a sweet girl who turned 1 in May. I used snaps in the back instead of buttons and love the way they turned out. I thought it looked a little plain, so added rick rack and some decorative stitching (which did not turn out perfect, but...) The red and white stripes are perfect for a summer frock and the rick rack -well rick rack is fun, isn't it. I used the blind hem to hem the dress. As I've said before, the blind hem though tricky, makes a finished garment look fantastic. It also improves the way the garment hangs. If you've never tried it or been frustrated by it, it's worth the time and effort. Practice, trying out the textbook instructions, then tweaking it until it's your own. Once you've successfully done it, you will understand my love for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!