Saturday, February 19, 2011

Project #13 Shoulder Warmer


Using the Half Moon Shawl Pattern from Lion Brand Yarn and LBY Suede, which has been discontinued I think, I made this. I only had 3 skeins, so it became a capelet or as I like to call it... A Shoulder Warmer.

I love this pattern! I've used it before to make shawls for a prayer shawl ministry. It is easy and the finished project is flirty and feminine, but the best part about it is that you can adapt it to any length you want and it looks beautiful. Second best... use whatever yarn you want! Thin yarn: add more rows, thick: fewer rows.

I only had three skeins of yarn to work with and I didn't know how much of a shawl I would end up with... It would have been easy to say I won't even try. But try I did and glad I am. (are you picturing yoda, too?)

Take the first step in faith You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts!